Malta has been a member of the European Union since 2004. Malta enjoys a stable political climate largely convergent on issues of national and economic importance. Malta’s banks have been ranked amongst the top 5 soundest banks in the world.
- Passport from a stable, neutral and highly respected EU member country
- Visa-free travel to more than 160 countries
- Malta citizenship gives the right to live and work anywhere in Europe including Switzerland and United Kingdom.
- Fast processing time, within 3-4 months
- Passport after 12 months
- Contribution to National Development and Social Fund (NDSF) 650,000 Euros for main applicant
- Property Investment Obligation, either purchase a property value 350,000 euros and above or rent property with minimum annual rental value of 16,000 euros. In both cases the property must be held for a minimum of five years.
- Portfolio Investment Obligation, 150,000 euros in stocks sanctioned by the government. Must be held for a minimum of five years.