Provincial Nominee Program
Business Impact Category
To be qualified to this program, the applicant must:
1. Be aged between 21 to 59 years old;
2. Have a minimum of 12 years of education, equivalent to a high school diploma;
3. Have a minimum score of 4.0 on the IELTS exam, equivalent to a limited knowledge of English or French;
4. Possess a minimum verifiable personal net worth of $600,000 which has been accumulated through legal and legitimate sources in their own right;
5. Demonstrate 2 years of transferable management skills and previous working experience;
6. Invest $150,000 in an eligible business that he will actively manage in PEI:
a) Partial ownership: acquire at least 33.3% of a business or invest $1,000,000 in a PEI business;
b) 100% ownership: invest in a new or existing PEI owned and operated business;
7. Successfully pass a medical exam and criminal check.
Once an applicant is selected by the Province, he is required to make a conditionally refundable deposit of $200,000 to be held in escrow by the government. After meeting some residency and business requirements listed in the escrow agreement, the deposit can be returned as early as one (1) year after landing.
The investor can apply for himself/herself, his/her spouse and dependent children of less than 19 years old. There is an exception for a child of 19 years and older depending substantially on the financial support of the parent since before the age of 19 and being unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition.
Applicants may apply directly to the Business Impact Category or an applicant can use an Island agent. Any applicant who is using a pay for fee representative must use an Island agent. Failure to submit your file through an Island agent while using a pay for fee representative will result in an immediate decline for nomination. We have allocations with an Island agent and we can assist you in submitting your application to the Prince Edward Island provincial nominee program.